The Warlock died time for the next build

So the mobo on the warlock died and I had had some other problems as well so I decided to bite the bullet and start over. I started with a syber vapor I custom build pc with an I5 4690k, 4GB of DDR3 1600mhz ram, a gtx 970 SC, a 250 gb ssd, a zalman low profile cpu cooler, and a msi z97i ac mobo. When It gets here Friday (hopefully) I will be changing the ram to 16GB (2x8GB) of Trident x 1866mhz cas 8 ram adding another 250gb ssd for raid 0 and a third 500GB ssd for games, and its no bigger than an Xbox one

Post sweet nudes when you get the build together.

Obviously lol

Electronic death is merely an opportunity for rebirth. \m/

…hope you had backups.

well I’m using all the ssd’s and hdds from the old build so it should be fine I’ll have 1TB OF SSD SPACE!!!

What the fuck do you do for a living? Me and my 6+ years old (given used so even older than that) dinosaur of a computer and I are clearly in the wrong field of employment.

I work IT Security for an engineering company

I changed it to an i7 4790k as they were out of stock of the i5s and am using 16GB 2133mhz ram instead. Also I will be switching from 2x250GB SSDs and 1x512GB SSD to just 2x512GB SSDs as the motherboard I was forced to get only has 2 sata ports

@SOCRATEZ, you’re in the broke student field of employment. Of course you’re going to have troubles.

The struggle is real

I like the horizontal case. Super classy. But is it vertical capable for space saving needs at things like LANs?

yea i have it in vertical right now

So now that its finally full set up ram clocks and all tightened down I’ll post the real specs

Case: Syber vapor Case from Cyberpower
CPU: I7-4770k quad core at 4.0 Ghz
Memory: 16GB 1600mhz cas 7-9-9-26
Graphics: EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked
Motherbaord: ASRock h81m-ITX/Wifi (soon to be upgraded to a 97 series chipset mobo
PSU: 450W SFX PSU
SSD: samsung 850 EVO (250GB) / kingston v300 (250GB) / crucial (512GB)
Cooling Zalman low profile ultra quiet CPU cooler
Mouse: Razer Naga Epic Chroma
Keyboard: Logitech G510S
sound system: Creative X-Fi 5.1 surround

OK, I have been curious about the cost of upgrading my dinosaur and this shit you have is expensive. I think my upgrade process will be a multiyear adventure. Next up, motherboard, CPU and ram once I get the kid into college. Shit, I mean multi decade adventure.

well I went full on overkill with both my builds you can easily play high end games like evolve for half this

It actually isn’t too bad if you go AMD and buy one part per month. RAM is cheap, CPU’s are a shitload cheaper, harddrives are also very cheap and you can also move your old one, a case is not even a drop in the bucket compared to the video card.

Video card and CPU are by far the most expensive part these days. @Carl_Bananas if you need help picking parts let me know, I’ll definitely get you the most bang for your buck. A few hundred bucks goes a looooooong way now a days.

@freeb1rd I think I will take you up on this but it probably won’t be until next year. I just purchased some additional ram for my dinosaur to bring it up to 8 gig. Thankfully they still sell the ddr2. I didn’t realize when I was in game that I was just about maxing out my 4 gigs.