The f7lans Minecraft server has be fully set up and tested. I feel confident that the server is ready for others to enjoy. While the server has been tested, it has only been by a handful of players. The burdern of many players interacting may cause issues. This is a survival type server and many of the mods serve to enhance the experience. Some players may find mobs or certain areas to be extremely dangerous.
Any players who experience bugs, crashes, or poor server performance should post here and inform f0rkz. Additionally, everyone should thanks f0rkz for setting this up for everyone.
There are some things people should watch for going forward.
- If a player is exploring a new location and the server is lagging, slow down the exploration and give the server time to fully generate new chunks. This issue is to be expected.
- Thaumcraft adds a biome called The Taint. It is functionally similar to The Corruption in Terraria. It spreads and tainted mobs are much stronger. Players should tell others about Taint biome locations so that they can work together to contain, avoid, or explore it.
- Some mobs, such as Ogres, can have high damage and health. Others have unique behaviors. Randomly generated castles/dungeons have been added to the server, which contain groups of dangerous mobs but also rare loot. New mobs can be much more dangerous than the vanilla mobs.
- The creative server has been shut down to free up resources for this one. However, there is still a way to play creative mode on this server. Players who dislike survival mode and wish to play in creative mode only should message me to learn how to do so. I just ask that you do not share items with other players, so as not to ruin the survival experience.
- Several mods add the same type of ore to the game. Each of these ores, for instance the three different types of copper ore, should be interchangeable in recipes. However, because their item IDs are different, they will not stack. They may also produce a different ingot depending on the mod used to smelt them. I have disable all but one type of each ore but these changes only affect new chunks.
The necessary files have links below. The installation instructions, for those unfamiliar with forge mods, are in post two. If using the Technic Launcher do not download Forge or the Modpack. If a link is unavailable, please inform me.
All mods are used by permission of the author or in accordance with their licensing agreement. Such licenses can be found on their sites found here. Wikia’s for the mods can also be found.
(Use the latest build. Also use the .exe installer. Not the .jar file)
Custom Mob Spawner (Don’t extract)
Mediafire is the official download location. If you don’t wish to use Mediafire, it can be found elsewhere. Use version 3.3.0
Mo’ Creatures (Don’t extract)
Download the .zip file at the bottom of the post. People without an ad blocker with see a different link at the top.
Any player who wishes to see additional mods added should create a post here. You should post a link to the mods official page, a brief description of the mod, and why you like it. We will research the mod and decide whether to add it. Everyone have fun.