The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

If you didn’t catch it already…

It comes out on my birthday this year! What a nice present!

Between this, Ender’s Game, Catching Fire, Thor, and a few others, I might as well just live in a theater at the end of the year.

I finally got around to Reading ender’s game. I"m looking forward to seeing the movie…Hopefully they do it justice.

Saw this trailer earlier today. Is it just me or does this seem to be more action packed?

It is actually more of an action packed section of the book. You have the Dwarven war with the Elves taking place as well as the break in to Smaug’s lair.

Only action taking place in the sections covered so far was the first third of the book. You have the goblin king, the trolls, as well as my personal favorite, riddles in the dark. Featuring this fine fella:

@Schlinky my recommendation on what to read after Ender’s Game, is Ender’s Shadow. It follows the prospective of Bean throughout battleschool as a parallel to Ender’s time at battle school. Ender’s Shadow brings new information to the inner workings of Battle School, while also filling in some pretty critical plot holes that Ender left behind when he exiled himself between Battle School and Eros.

I also highly recommend reading the continued series in the Ender’s saga. ‘Speaker for the Dead’ through ‘Children of the Mind’ is an epic continuation of Ender’s life at a more relatable adult perspective. I do not recommend, however, reading the book ‘Ender in Exile’ until you are finished reading the ‘Shadow’ series as it contains minor spoilers to the end of the Shadow series.

…I am bit of an Ender’s Game nerd if you couldn’t tell.

I read Ender in Exile, Speaker for the Dead, and Xenocide. After reading all of those books of Card’s books in a row, I was a bit tired of the Enderverse at one time and I’ll get around to reading the rest of the books at another time. I’ll get around to the rest of them later. I don’t know what wiki page I was looking at the time, but it was showing me the book timeline, so I wanted to read it in that fashion, rather that publishing timeline.