Official Overwatch Thread

AKA Pixar Presents: Team Fortress 2.

This is what became of the long anticipated project code named “Titan”. It was reported to be canceled but this appears to be portions of what they were working on remade into a new title. Has me interested for sure. What do you guys think?

Cinematic Trailer:

Gameplay Trailer:

Cinematic Trailer 2:

Cinematic Trailer 3 (Recall):

Cinematic Trailer 4 (Alive):

Gameplay Trailer 2:

Description:

The action of Overwatch takes place in a technologically advanced, highly stylized future earth. In a time of global crisis, an international task force of soldiers, scientists, adventurers, and oddities known as Overwatch had come together to restore peace to a war-torn world. After many years, the group’s influence waned, and it was eventually disbanded. Overwatch might be gone now . . . but the world still needs heroes.

With an emphasis on accessibility and pure fun, Overwatch brings Blizzard’s signature easy-to-learn, hard-to-master gameplay to the FPS genre. Harnessing the power of their hero of choice, players will join forces in teams of six and battle each other across a range of futuristic global locations, from the hologram-lit streets of London to a bazaar in the shadows of a high-tech Egyptian pyramid. Every battlefield is iconic and built to highlight each character’s unique abilities, and fights can shift from streets to rooftops to open skies within the span of a breath.

“Overwatch is our take on a vibrant, near-future universe with amped-up characters and action-packed team-based gameplay,” saidMike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “With every new Blizzard game, we look at our favorite aspects of a genre and put our own spin on things. Our goal with Overwatch is to create an awesome FPS experience that’s more accessible to a much wider audience while delivering the action and depth that shooter fans love.”

The heroes of Overwatch each bring their own distinct weapons and superabilities to bear. Here’s just a glimpse of the numerous heroes that will ultimately fill Overwatch’s rosters:

Tracer, a former British test pilot who shrugs at danger, can execute impossible acrobatic assaults thanks to her ability to teleport, drop energy bombs, and even reverse time.

Reinhardt, a hulking German soldier in battle armor, can charge great distances and pin his enemies to a wall or slam the ground with his rocket hammer to knock them off their feet.

Hanzo, a bow-wielding Japanese mercenary, has the ability to scale walls with his bare hands, fire off a tracking device that illuminates nearby enemies for his team, and unleash a huge spirit dragon that does grievous damage to all enemies in its path.

Symmetra, an Indian architech, manipulates light and energy to shield her allies and damage her enemies—and she can turn the tide of any battle by building a device that instantly transports her teammates to the front lines.

Class Breakdown Videos
Tracer

Winston

Symmetra

Bastion

Reaper

Torbjorn

Widowmaker

Hanzo

Zenyatta

Reinhardt

Mercy

How about a Beta?
At the time of writing the game is in closed beta. There have also been two invite only stress test weekends. There will be an open beta from May 5-9 with an early start beta for pre-orders from May 3-4. You are eligible for the pre-order beta by pre-ordering either the standard $40 version or the digital deluxe $60 version.

Should I Buy It?
Short Answer: YES, GO PREORDER RIGHT NOW!
Long Answer: In the closed beta I’ve already managed to put in ~40 hours into this game. Even with my extremely busy schedule! The game feels fantastic and everyone I’ve introduced to it reports the exact same. It really does feel like the very best elements of what made TF2 great brought up into 2016. At only 40 bucks for the standard edition of the game I can absolutely recommend it as a MUST BUY game for 2016.

F7 Member B-net Accounts
SOCRATEZ (#1398)
Voldenae (#1318)
ClickFire (#1783)
Schlyne (#1173)

Blizzard means probably no dedicated server support. This makes me has a sad.

That is something I had not considered. Hopefully they will go a different route but seeing the may most modern multiplayer games keep going I doubt it. Still, the game looks fucking amazing.

Yes it looks rather good. I am sure they will p2p with battle.net like their previous games. Businesses don’t quite understand that maintaining a functioning community requires dedicated (linux) servers. But I digress…

Update: Added class specific videos.

Unfortunately it is confirmed to be 6v6.

So… is it a MOBA? Or a 6v6 blizzard-brand TF kinda activity?

From what I’ve seen and heard it is a 6v6 TF2 style game.

I chose to necro this thread instead of starting a new one. So how many people are really planning on playing this when it comes out or when we can all get beta access? I think that more than a few of us have been waiting for a game that all brings it back together to have us all playing the same thing (RIP TF2) and I think this has one of the best shots right now even despite community server support among other things. I guess I’m just trying to judge community interest here. Thoughts?

Myself, Voldenae and Rew1red. Frankly, everyone should purchase this one.

As someone who has played it I can confirm it is amazing and well worth the 40 bucks.

I plan to get it.

I’m going to get it.

If anyone gets into the beta weekend happening this weekend let me know and we can play.

I’m probably going to pick it up this summer.

Updated main post with more trailers and cinematics. I’m also importing a list of members/regulars’ Battlenet accounts who will be playing Overwatch into the main post above so people can quickly and easily add each other come launch day. If you intend on getting the game please reply with your battlenet user name so I can update the list. Hope to see everyone in the Beta come May 3rd.

be surprised, I go by ClickFire. ohh wait the number bit, #1783

My Battletag is Schlyne#1173. Like 99% of the time, if there’s a schlyne somewhere, it’s me.

SOON!

If anyone doesn’t have an early access beta code and wants in post a reply here. We have several laying around and I’m some someone will be able to help you. Even if you don’t get into EA beta the open beta starts a couple days after.

Also, EVENT NIGHT RETURNS!

My battlenet thing is f0rkz#1708