November Game Night 2015

teamfortress2
screamfortress2
gamenight
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f4177eefe20> #<Tag:0x00007f4177eefbf0> #<Tag:0x00007f4177eef8f8>

This announcement is going out early to afford ample opportunity to re-download or update the game as needed for those wishing to participate.

As Valve has holiday-ish tradtions that are somewhat entertaining, We thought it might be nice to bring back Scream Fortress 2. Game Night will be on one of the last nights that Valve will have all their Halloween maps/costumes/etc active, so get your silly outfits on and get destroyed by the Horseless Headless Horsemann. Or Monoculus. Or Merasmus. Or…okay you get the point.

The event will be the first Friday of the Month: November 6th at 9pm est
For those who don’t have it saved, or are new here to these parts, the server address is
tf2.f7lans.com

Possible problem. The alien invasion update ends Nov 5th. I’m not sure that they will run scream fortress concurrently with a different event. The date might need to be moved. Otherwise, I’ll be there.

They said a few months ago that they were leaving Halloween in the hands of the players this year. They are running all past Halloween maps and bosses and releasing the community made content they like the best, but were not making an event of their own as they were working on a new update.

As of this week, that update is the Alien Invasion, so you are correct, they are not running concurrent events. Halloween maps are on and this year’s new items will not be Halloween/Full Moon restricted.

Traditionally, the Halloween maps have always run well into the first weekend (and beyond in some cases) of November, so it should be perfect timing on our part to catch some last minute costumed shenaniganry.

Just in case I’ve gone nutters and misinterpretted things drastically, the information I used is based off of this post.

Sharp-eyed readers may have noticed that there’s something missing from that list: Halloween. The reality is, if we produce a holiday-specific event map this year, it means we’ll have to stop working on everything else. So: We’ve decided to turn Halloween mostly over to you. This year’s Halloween Update will be a showcase of all the best Halloween-themed community content (items, maps, taunts and unusuals) you guys can come up with. We’ll also be activating every one of our past six Halloween Updates, so there’ll still be plenty of spooky holiday-themed game modes to play.

Over the next month we’ll be looking through the Workshop for anything tagged “Halloween”, so if you’ve been working on an item you think would be perfect, make sure you get it submitted and tagged before October 18th, 2015.

Plus, if you didn’t already have enough incentive to submit to the Workshop, we’re changing our restrictions on Halloween items this year. Normally they’re only visible to players on Halloween and full moons. This year, all newly selected Halloween-themed items will have NO restrictions put on them, and may be viewed year round. (So don’t get too gross or out-there with your submissions.)

Should be able to make it.

Fantastic to hear!!! (read?)

I want do this. I’m supposed to be getting with my family that weekend to celebrate being married. But If we do that Saturday, this can probably happen!

I should be able to make this one. I dropped out for awhile. Kind of had a bad year till recently with a few different issues, but it looks like the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter.

Left my years of self-employment behind along with the roller coaster fest or famine and accepted a position as a lead developer with Midway Services here in Florida. The offer was very good and I get to redesign from the ground up all of their aging internal desktop applications into new Web based applications. Been a month now and I’m loving the job and workplace. Couldn’t ask for a nicer boss, tells me what they want, gives me what I need and then leaves me alone to do it.

This and other things in life are getting better so I should show my online self a little more often now.

Ill remind myself later on about this.

The week of I’ll probably post here and on the FB group as a reminder. I might even remember to send out a steam spam for the group…maybe.

I will try and bug Shen so we can both make this one. It’s been so long since I fired up TF2 to do anything…
I see him every so often running around on his goofy “pony” servers playing weird deathtrap maps.

Thank you all you wonderful people that organize the voting and putting on of these evenings.

I think I’ll actually be able to (finally) join y’all for this one!

Server is configured and ready to roll! All Halloween maps and “Invasion” maps are loaded in.

Zis makes me happy

MY BODY IS READY

(to be defeated-- in agony-- probably)

I fired up my TF2 the other day to make sure I was up to date and saw I hadn’t played since last december. Amazing that this game used to fill my every evening and now I go almost a year without playing.

I definitely haven’t played since we did it for game night the last time. When the heck ever that was.

October 2014 if I recall correctly…

TONIGHT, we party like its 2009!

Man I can’t wait to yell at my screen about fucking spies.

Event night highlights…

Midnight Marble Madness (getting out of hand)

Catnaroc